Wednesday, June 13, 2012

You Might Be a Friend of the LaJoy's If...

In honor of our 300,000 hit and 1106th post, here is our own version of those "You might be a redneck" jokes.  As I was doing our laundry today a few popped into my head as it might relate to the LaJoy's.  I chuckled to myself as they came fast and furious.

So, you might be a friend (virtual or real life) of the LaJoy's if:

1)  You know what the shortened versions of Kaz and Kyrg stand for.
2)  You have ever been trapped at a birthday party with 20+ people in a small space as fondue pots are scattered around.
3)  You can name our kids in order of their adoption, without hesitation.
4)  You have ever invited 6 or 7 total strangers to share a meal or spend the night at your house.
5)  You know the names Astana, Almaty, Bishkek, Petropavlovsk, Aktobe and Uralsk and can place them on a map.
6)  You laughed over Beef Turkey.
7)  You have ever taught a class to Team LaJoy (more people than I can count!)
8)  You know what Big Bertha and Old Blue are.
9)  You remember the Kaz-L list
10)  You ever donated for an orphan to have a Christmas surprise.
11)  You've ever had a blackened cajun marshmallow offered to you by Angela.
12)  You've danced to Michael Jackson with us.
13)  You've held hand in prayer around our table with us...or held hands virtually as we were across the world.
14)  You can guess our monthly grocery bill and not gasp.
15)  You know that no matter who you are, or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome here.
16)  You know what La Foret is.
17)  You know more about institutionalization and the damage it can cause then you ever imagined you would know...and you are heartbroken as you realize the hundreds of thousands of children who suffer because of it.
18)  You've ever heard the LaJoy children sing...or play instruments...and smiled in spite of having listened :-)
19)  You've never made a negative comment about my Diet Coke.
20)  You've ever emailed me, IM'd me, or Facebooked me between the hours of 1-3 AM.

So...are you a friend of the LaJoy's??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally name the order of adoption, it is the age order that constantly screws me up!! Yeah, we are lucky to call the LaJoys friends!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know most, but #5 place them on a map. Are you kidding? I'm lucky to know the names. Now you've hooked me. I'm off to find all of these cities on a map. That's why an atlas is one of my favorite books.

In the classroom of the LaJoys,
Lael

dan said...

Love this. Can't wait to meet the famous lajoy's whenever we can next get to colorado

Kimberly said...

#19!! :-)