Saturday, February 28, 2009

LaJoy Laughter

As you all know, we LaJoy's have a twisted sense of humor. Often what is blogged about here is more serious stuff, but frankly, our daily lives are sprinkled with more laughter than any family has a right to have. I thought I'd share just a couple of things that happened this week:

Matthew was laughing so hard in the car as he told me this story. He said he and Kenny were talking and Kenny told him what had happened. Kenny's class was going to watch a movie on Thursday that they had earned for good behavior. As his teacher was trying to get the DVD player working, she found she couldn't get the movie to play. Kenny decided that he knew the exact reason why and volunteered it for his teacher, saying in all seriousness "I know why the DVD Player won't work, I made a promise to God this week that I wouldn't watch TV for 40 days, so He made the DVD player break!"

In another funny little moment, Dominick was speaking with someone and one of the kids...I can not remember which one now...left a door open and this person said "Were your kids born in a barn?" and Dominick quickly replied "Hmmm...could have been!". It took the other person a moment to get it, that we have no idea where they were born!!!

And now I want to share with you the funniest video I have ever seen. It is all the things a mom says to her children in a 24 hour period. First of all, you have to be a mom to find this funny, and preferably a mom whose children are older than preschool age. The boys and I laughed and laughed at this one, and after watching it 3 or 4 times figured out that I have said each and every one of these things a million times with the exception of 2 of them. I have vowed to eventually memorize this so I can sing it to them in the morning or whenever appropriate. Hope you enjoy it as much as we all did!

1 comment:

Lenore Ryan said...

I LOVED this posting!! Great family anecdotes!! And the YouTube video had me....with tears rolling down my face!! Thank you for making me smile and laugh today!!