Friday, December 21, 2007

A Christmas Miracle - How Big is Your God?

"Never place a period where God places a comma." - Gracie Allen, adopted by the United Church of Christ.

Never has a phrase become so appropriate as in our lives this week. Your prayers and ours were answered in such a way as to leave no doubt what we are to do. Thank you to everyone who took a moment to pray for us when asked to do so, it made a difference, I am absolutely sure.

Folks, do you have any idea just how big our God is? I do, and I think I "get it" now in a way I never did before. I want to shout it from the rooftops!! He has made the impossible possible, and in record time. He has shown Himself to us, and hopefully to others through this blog and our life experience. What I once did not understand now has become very clear to me, and I admit to being ashamed of my own lack of faith in His ability to move mountains.

He has dictated that Kenny was not a period, that he was merely a comma.

With tears streaming down my cheeks, and with the help of our "Adoption Angels", we begin another journey.

I hope you will all continue to join us on this incredible ride.

12 comments:

M said...

Hi, generally I'm purely a blog lurker and not a commenter but I couldn't resist jumping in to offer congratulations and best wishes for your new journey. I have LOVED reading your blog and am always touched by the way you capture glimpses into the hearts and minds of your boys. You are truly a special family and I can't wait to hear more about your new addition!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! This is soooooo exciting!! Cant wait to follow along and watch your family grow! I am SO EXCITED for you and your wonderful family!

Heather

Hilary Marquis said...

Our God IS Awesome! He continues to prove it again and again...sometimes we are a little forgetful :) You've got our prayers, and so does your future little one.

MiddleClass Mama said...

I have a feeling I know what's coming next...could it be your girls??? Even if I am wrong, your news is awesome and gives me hope that one day, some how and some way, we may be able to bring more children home to join JJ. Congratulations LaJoys!

Lori
www.inluswords.blogspot.com

Jackie said...

Congratulations again!! So happy for you and I can't wait to hear more.

Mala said...

Tell us more! Tell us more!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

After 4 boys, we are finally getting our little girl thru adoption. Your journey may not take you down the same path but we all eventually end up in the same place, giving your heart and soul over to another little angel. Congratulations on your miracle! Know that we are all along for the ride.

Laura said...

Wow!!! What wonderful news!! I can't wait to follow along on your next journey! What a wonderful family and I am so happy for all of you! Have a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Ahh Cindy - what a Christmas gift for your family I have to admit to wondering what your "big change" might be - but I must be slow as I never gave another addition a thought. God is great - and once again I see through those around me the reward of waiting, praying and remaining faithful. May God continue to bless you through your next journey! Sharon.

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!!....oh how I hope this is about your girls.....I will pray....Monica in NY

Nathan, Amanda, Violet and Anara said...

As soon as I read your post I yelled the news at Nate. I am so excited for you -- wow! I hope someday to be sharing the same news about God's provision of another miracle for our family. Merry Christmas Lajoys!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Cindy I'm new to your blog I found it through a friend who is in Kyrgyzstan right now getting her little girl. I work over nights and started your blog from the beginning last night and just got to the most current post now. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your journey and will definitely keep on reading to see where you are going from here. Merry Christmas to you and your whole family. Kristen from Orlando